EL34B Tung-Sol Power Tubes
An all-round top performing tube(s) often used in great guitar amps and hi-fi systems.
Tung Sol has an incredible history in making tubes and the EL34B is a favourite amongst musicians and HI-FI aficionados alike.
- EL34B Singles - Consisting of one single tube
- EL34B Matched pairs - Consisting of 2 matched tubes.
- EL34B Matched quads - Consisting of 4 matched tubes
Tubes are factory tested before being packed and Evatco only buys matched tubes for any new brands, so you are guaranteed to have matched tubes when you buy a matched pair or quad.
Evatco has provided an EL34B datasheet as a PDF for your convenience (just click on the pdf logo just below the picture above)
Want to know more?
A beam pentode tube with an octal base, the EL34 tube (valve) is one of the original workhorses for musicians and HiFi aficionados. Developed in the 1050's by Mullard they soon become very popular with audio manufacturers
What equivalents exist?
EL34 tubes are equivalent to
- 6CA7 developed by Sylvania to be compatible with the EL34.
- KT77 GEC originally developed this tube to rival the EL34 and some say its the best version of all the EL34 models
- CV1741 is a NOS version of the EL34 range.
What should I use in my amp?
There is no easy answer for this, "sound is personal" as I say again and again.
I personally think the EL34 range work across both guitar amps and Hi-Fi units whereas the 6CA7 and KT77 are slightly better suited for HiFi units.
Why? Simply the 6CA7 and KT77 tubes have a bigger bottom end, they are more open in their sound whereas the EL34 tend to be a bit more focused.
Whilst all will work, you will find that more guitarist use El34 tubes and more HiFi enthusiasts tend to buy KT77 or 6CA7 tubes,
For more information try reading this Wikipedia page
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
More From This Category